Are You Worried About Memory Loss?
Do You Need A Memory Health Check Up?
- Do you experience any of the following conditions which are associated with an increase in risk for memory loss? Cardiovascular Disease, Type 2 Diabetes Myelitis, Depression, Sleep Apnoea, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Stroke and other acquired neurological conditions?
- Frustrated you can’t remember words or location of objects?
- Do you have any problems remembering conversations?
- Do you have a family history of memory loss?
- Are you embarrassed that your friends or family members say to you “you’ve already told me that” when you’re describing events.
- Are you concerned about your difficulties remembering details 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day or 1 week ago?
- Are you genuinely worried about your personal risk for dementia?
- Has your GP recommended a memory health consultation?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you’re likely eligible for a Memory Health Check Up. Call 1300 783 200 today.
What is a Memory Health Check Up?
It’s an science-based memory check up for adults with the goal to screen and reduce your personal memory health lifestyle and environmental threats. This check up is completed under the guidance and direction of health professionals trained in the Norris Memory Health Program.
We are on a mission to see that no adult Australian should suffer from avoidable memory loss and the Memory Health Check Up goes to the heart of this.
Get assessed, take action, reduce your risks – it’s that simple.
The Memory Health Check Up
- Gives you a snapshot of your memory health
- Zeros in on your lifestyle and environmental risks and other risks
- Prescribes the actions to reduce your personal risks for memory loss.
A memory health check up is like getting the car serviced each year.
Early detection and maintenance is less expensive than waiting for things to break.
The cost of memory loss is expensive when you consider the specialist consultations, care costs, and the personal quality-of-life costs to you and your family. Not only that, memory loss is a life threatening event which can rob people of their purpose, meaning, independence and dignity.
Occupational Therapist, Memory Health Pioneer and developer of the Norris Memory Health Program
I’m David Norris an Occupational Therapist and I’ve spent far too many years as a frustrated health professional searching for new ways to help my patients impacted by memory loss.
A simple program of science backed actions to detect and treat memory health lifestyle and environmental threats early, can conservatively reduce your lifetime risk for dementia by 30% (Lancet, 2017)
Whilst everyone is saying there is no cure for dementia, it’s clear there are actions you can do to reduce your risk for it.
I run a memory health clinic which is realising my vision to ensure No Adult Australian suffers from avoidable memory loss. I feel so strongly about this, I am compelled to let you know what you can do to take control of your memory health.
So let me explain what a Memory Health Check Up gives you
- Clarity on your memory health status
- Identifies your memory health threats.
- Peace of mind you’re on the right track to improve your memory health.
- An understanding of what personal actions are needed to improve your memory health.
- In the end, your memory health means independence to do the things which matter to you be it golf, bridge or being with loved ones.The pay off of smart actions for better memory health helps you achieve better focus, attention and clarity when doing task which matter to you.
This is possibly, the most exciting time in the history of health, as we start to reveal the right actions to reduce your risk for memory loss for conditions like dementia.
The first step of taking control of your memory health is to have a check up.
Do I Need A Referral For A Memory Health Check Up?
- No, you don’t need a referral from your GP. We do recommend that your GP be included as a key partner in the support of your care and with your permission we complete and send a Memory Health Check Up summary.
- The benefits of a referral from your GP helps speed the consultation as a concise medical summary often is sent with your referral letter.
- Your GP may refer to us for a Memory Health Check Up and you may be eligible for a Medicare Enhanced Primary Care Rebate to support your consultation investment.
What Do I Need To Bring To The Memory Health Check Up?
- If your GP hasn’t referred to us a concise up to date medical summary is appreciated
- Your visual or hearing aids
- Loose comfortable clothing
- Any personal notes or journal you’ve kept to record your symptoms
- On your first consultation please arrive 10min early to complete the important per-consultation information
An OT Brisbane Special Invitation
If you’re worried about your memory or want to be proactive about protecting your memory health, call me today to schedule a FREE 10 MINUTE Phone Consultation with a senior therapist to see if we can help. To book please call the office on 1300 783 200 or or simply fill out the form below.
How Can We Help You?Please fill out the short form below and tell us how can we best help you? One of our team members will reach out when it comes through.
What is included in the free consultation?
In our free phone consultation, you will chat directly with a therapist over the phone. The conversation will be confidential and the therapist will discuss your situation and advise you of what their perspective is.
What areas can be discussed during the phone consultation?
We cover memory health and neurological condition questions.
What happens after my free phone consultation?
If you’re satisfied we can help we may schedule a Memory Health Check Up in order to best suit your needs and goals.
Warm regards and to your memory health,
P.S. To claim your free 10min phone consultation, call today 1300 783 200 or complete the form above.
P.P.S. As a one time frustrated therapist, I hope you take this opportunity to potentially change the course of your life.