Lets Clarify A Few Things With These Common Front Of Mind Questions
Are You Registered For Private Health?
- Yes we are. In fact if you’re a therapist and registered with Medicare, then your insurer will rely on these details as a provider.
Can I Get Back A Rebate From My Health Insurer?
- Depending on the level of your cover and your insurer you’re likely able to receive a rebate form your insurer. In saying this, in almost all cases there is an out of pocket expense. The small occasions where there is no out of pocket expense are those occasions when we see DVA eligible clients.
I Need A Diverse Allied Health Team, How Do You Work With Other Health Professionals?
- In our experience teams which work the best are those based on great communication. That’s not only to each other but importantly with you and your immediate care team.
- We recently surveyed our health care network partners this included Doctors, care team managers, aged care service managers and nurses. We asked What’s one thing I do better than others you do business with? They said.
Providing continued care within reasonable time frames, and responding to immediate issues as they arise.
- We like to think we’re not only offer great therapy services, we also provide attention to detail.
Do You Provide Planning and Coordination Services?
- It can be a complex task to navigate the health system especially when caring for or assisting a family member. We can help you find the right services to support your short term and medium term needs. In the end, if we complete a initial consultation we will have a reasonable plan about what may be of potential benefit to you.
What Services Do We Provide?
- We provide a concise suite of OT services to clients with neurological conditions or complex therapy needs. This includes Parkinson’s Disease treatment programs, Neurological rehabilitation, Home Modifications, Equipment Prescription, Palliative Care therapy services, In home Falls Prevention Program, In home Dementia Assessment and Therapy programs. If you’re after an overview of what we do, please start here at or Occupational Therapy service page.
What’s Occupational Therapy?
- “Occupational therapy is as a profession concerned with promoting health and wellbeing through occupation. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life. Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by enabling people to do things that will enhance their ability to participate or by modifying the environment to better support participation.” Source: The World Federation of Occupational Therapists see. Statement on Occupational Therapy 300811
What’s an Occupational Therapist?
- Occupational Therapists (OTs) treat patients with injuries, illnesses, or disabilities through the therapeutic use of everyday activities. So basically, OTs help people function in their work, home, community and personal situations. They rehabilitate, restore or modify health and environmental factors to get an outcome for the most independence. At GHD Occupational Therapists work routinely with clients seen by Neurosurgeons, Neurologists, Orthopaedic Surgeons and General Physicians and Occupational Physcians.>
- To explain this, David Norris our founder and Chief OT has prepared this short video for you. Click the following link to find out- What is Occupational Therapy
How can you help me with my symptoms?
- The clinical profiles and presentations of people we commonly see are spelled out in this OT referral 2 minute checklist:
Download your complimentary Occupational Therapy Referral Checklist to see if we can help you.
Is There A Cost Associated With Travel?
- Within the immediate 5km radius from Lutwyche area- No. Outside this area travel expenses occurred.
What Are The Costs?
- For WorkCover, CTP insurance claims and DVA eligible clients there are no out of pocket expenses. For private consultations included private health insurance a quoted service cost can be provided. For home based services, some people may be eligible for EPC rebates to offset the cost of services. This will be clarified prior to the first assessment.
- We offer multiple payment options such as Bank Transfer, Cash and Cheque.
What Does An Occupational Therapy Assessment Involve?
- You’ll likely be asked to complete questionnaires prior to the assessment. This allows for a more efficient one on one assessment.
The assessment consists of an interview to allow you to describe the details of your injury, current symptoms and treatment and medical history. Furthermore, you’ll likely be required to perform certain tasks which are relevant to your personal situation.
That is why wearing comfortable, non restrictive clothing is preferable.
- We are committed to a person centred care approach, where by, people determine their goals and we assist in achieving these functional goals. Meaning a tailored and individual approach with a holistic perspective.
- In most cases we see people in their home or work environments. On the occasions where we see people in the office is often for in-depth assessments.
- You can expect an inclusive, detailed, concise and on time OT program and service.